Homemade Turkey Gravy
This homemade turkey gravy recipe is the best way to get every bit of flavor from your turkey. Be sure to save those drippings!
- After cooking your turkey, dump the turkey drippings into a deep skillet.
- Add butter if your drippings seem to be lacking oil. (This is typically only necessary if you had a small turkey.)
- Add flour 1 TBS at a time until your drippings are no longer wet. Stir well.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, mix together 2-3 cups of water with 2 tsp of flour.
- Slowly pour the water mixture into the turkey drippings, stirring constantly until it is boiling. You can add some minced turkey at this step for additional flavor.
- Once it boils, you have gravy! Add it to your gravy boats. It will thicken upon cooling.