Are you ready to order your Thanksgiving turkey? Read through this helpful information & then order yours at the bottom of the page.
We have multiple ways for you to get a turkey from us!
Once you've had one of our juicy, pasture-raised turkeys, you will never go back to a store-bought bird. Our turkeys are raised on pasture without the use of antibiotics. We harvest the turkeys in our USDA-inspected meat processing plant here on the farm.
Our whole turkeys will come in 4 different sizes: small to extra large. Small & medium turkeys will be fresh at our pick up locations. Large & XL will most likely be frozen. All turkeys that are shipped to your door will be frozen.
This year we have several fulfillment options for you to get your turkey:
1. Pick up at the farm in LaGrange, Indiana on Saturday November 20th from 10 am to 2 pm EST or Wednesday November 24th from 10 am to noon EST. You can pick up on either date, just be sure to bring your order confirmation with you so that we can easily verify your order.
2. Pick up from our truck in Oak Park, Illinois on Sunday, November 21st from 1-2:30 pm CST. Our truck will just be parked at 531 N East Ave Oak Park, IL. This is a residential location- we simply park on the street at our friends' house and you will meet us there to grab your bird.
3. Shipped directly to your door via UPS ground shipping the week of November 9th. Your turkey will arrive frozen two weeks before Thanksgiving, giving you plenty of time to thaw your bird before the big day. (Price includes shipping.)
Be sure to subscribe to our email marketing at checkout in order to get reminders about your specific fulfillment option, such as pick up reminders & additional thawing instructions for shipped birds, plus other information about our turkeys.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Our turkeys include giblets (heart, liver, and neck) all tucked inside the cavity.
- Our turkeys are raised on certified organic pasture.
- Our turkeys are fed a feed mixture that we grind ourselves here at the farm. It consists of non-GMO corn and soybeans as well as vitamins and minerals.
- We harvest the turkeys ourselves in our on-farm USDA-inspected processing plant. Our processing plant is certified organic as well so we are never applying harsh chemicals like chlorine to the carcasses.
- Small, medium, and some large turkeys will be fresh. Turkeys that are shipped will be frozen. The birds will be frozen within days of harvesting, so they will still be of the highest quality when you thaw it.
- The shipped turkey price includes the cost of shipping. If you add additional items to your order, there will be a shipping charge and the whole turkey will not count towards earning free shipping. Please consider creating a separate order for items other than whole turkeys so that we can send them to you before our busy week of shipping out whole turkeys.
Contactless Pick Up:
If you are picking up your turkey at the farm or meeting us at the residential location in Oak Park, make sure you bring your order confirmation (whether on your phone or printed out) so that we can easily verify your order & send you on your way with your turkey!
Thawing Instructions for Shipped Birds
Your turkey will arrive frozen the week of November 9th- leaving you plenty of time to thaw your turkey before Thanksgiving. Just follow these instructions.
- Leave the turkey in its original, unopened plastic.
- Put the turkey, breast side up, in a tray or pan to catch any drippings.
- Place the frozen turkey in the fridge. Make sure the fridge is set to 40°F or lower.
- Allow around 6-7 hours per pound for thawing.
Here are approximate times to defrost in the fridge for the turkeys, according to the USDA:
- 12-15 pounds: 3-4 days
- 15-18 pounds: 4-5 days
- 18-20 pounds: 5-6 days
- 20-23 pounds: 6-7 days
We have found it helpful to check on your turkey at least 24-36 hours ahead of time to ensure it defrosts at the right pace. If the turkey is still solid on the outside, take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for up to 6 hours before cooking. While it rests, you should check it hourly to confirm that your turkey is cool to the touch but not frozen.
Once thawed, your turkey can stay in the fridge for another 1-2 days before cooking.