We raise broad breasted white turkeys on pasture. Tom Otto's turkey farm in Middleville, MI broods the turkeys for us & we receive them from him when they are ready to go to pasture. Tom does an excellent job of starting the birds. We get them at about 8 pounds at 8 weeks. Our turkeys are a highly seasonal bird, as you might have guessed. We do most of our birds as whole birds for Thanksgiving. We do raise a summer group of turkeys that we use for turkey breasts and ground turkey products.
Shop our turkey products here: https://gunthorp-farms.myshopify.com/collections/turkey
Answers to Frequently Asked Turkey Questions:
- Our turkeys will typically range from 15-20#, with turkeys over 20# available as well.
- Our turkeys include giblets (heart, liver, and neck) all tucked inside the cavity.
- Our turkeys are raised on certified organic pasture.
- Our turkeys are fed a feed mixture that we grind ourselves here at the farm. It consists of non-GMO corn and soybeans as well as vitamins and minerals.
- We harvest the turkeys ourselves in our on-farm USDA-inspected processing plant. Our processing plant is certified organic as well so we are never applying harsh chemicals like chlorine to the carcasses.